Thursday, January 24, 2013

2 weeks in...

After 3 Training Sessions with my Mistress Carol, I can see improvement in my fitness level. I lost 1lb. Yeah me!!! My mindset is in the right spot. I haven't been in this place for a very long time, but being back feels great. Good things have come our way.
Back to the fitness level thing. For the past 3 sessions, Carol had me do step ups 20x each leg 4 sets. The first time, I wanted to cry, cause I let myself get to that point. Today I had to do that exercise again and lo and behold, I was able to actually talk to Carol without having to stop to catch my breath. So my trainer even said, we are going to move on, on Tuesday. I really enjoy training with her, I know it takes actually 28 days to form a habit, so I really need to work even harder on the diet thing.
So anybody that tells you that they changed their life after a couple of days with some diet / lifestyle, I call BULL. Yes there is so much new information about Nutrition out there since I was on this Journey last time, but it still takes you and your body a while to get used to any change.
I used to tell my clients I am only with them 1 -3 hrs a week, they need to do their homework and 80% of that is what you put into your mouth.
This time my nutrtion approach is, low Carb, High Healthy Fats and High Protein. Now I love Bread and Pasta, but I should not be eating it anymore. So yeah I had a loaf of Ezekiel Bread in the fridge, did I throw it out? No I had one slice for breakfast instead of two. Now it's gone and I won't buy anymore. I don't do Sandwiches for lunch anymore. I make me a salad, with Shrimp or Tuna. Or i just have sliced Veggies, Hummus and Turkey breast lunchmeat. Things like that. I look at it, that it is like when I was pregnant with my kids. I had gestational Diabetes. 1 Carb count was 15gr. I am now allowed to eat 100gr of carbs. I try to eat 100 gr of protein and healhty fats, like Avocados, nuts and Almond Milk.
So it is not as hard as I thought it would be, especially since I mostly plan out my meals and try to eat my carbs in the morning. I eat 1 fruit each days. Raspberries are awesome, cause they are low on sugar.
We'll see where this Journey leads, but I am looking foward to it, especially since my passion for working out seems to have returned. It also helps that Supernatural is on, and I can sneak a peek at the boys during... but shhh, don't tell anybody.

Laters

2 comments:

~Mem said...

Claudia!! You're inspiring me! Last Thursday I saw my chiropractor & I mentioned my weight, & she said I would place less strain on my knees, back & ankles if I lost some weight... Friday I saw my lovely doctor & she mentioned that if I lost even half a stone (no, I don't understand stones either...) my polycystic ovary syndrome would improve! Then yesterday I saw my new, lovely Chinese doctor (the most expensive of the 3, I must say) & he said that if I lose weight I will see an improvement in my immune system... I believe in things happening in 3s being significant & 3 health professionals I trust in one week is too much to ignore... I am all for joining you in this journey! I have a blog which I've barely written in for about a year, so I might just try to plot some of my decisions, too... you are my inspiration! Love you!! ~Meredith

cookingforjp said...

Mem,
you are such a beautiful person. Loosing weight is never easy and if you have support, it helps.
:D
Love you much
C.