Monday, June 3, 2013

importance of enough calories...

So why am I an expert? Well I've been struggling with my weight all my life and I have lost 80lb before and had kept it off for over 4 yrs. Now here I am this morning at 268lb. My goal for the month of June is to loose 8lb. if possible 9lb to see that 5 in my weight. :D

Now, I tried to starve myself by only eating 800-1000 calories, and yes you will loose weight, but not the fat. What happens if you don't eat enough calories, is that you body thinks you are starving it and then it just holds on to the fat in your body. Is that what you really want? To be a flabby skinny person? Well I am not. So here is what I am going to do about it. I am tracking my calories, I will eat about 1300-1500cals. I will try and get my carbs in the morning and no carb meals in the evening. If I do have rice for dinner, I wont stress about it.
Also I am going to try and have over 100gr of protein in my day and less than 75gr of carb. I need at least 64oz of water in my day and 30mins of some sort of exercise. Say it taking the Dog for walk, better yet, take a class at the gym. What am I paying my gym membership for? Good thing is, my kids are out of school by Thursday, so we will be going to the pool a lot and I will swim as exercise.

What really stinks about this number it's exactly the same weight I was in January. I had a hectic 5months, but that is no excuse, I just need to get into a routine, this is not just for me, it's for my family. Well mostly for me, cause I felt good.

Now eat those calories.

Breakfast Shake:
Juice 2 carrots, 1 pear and 2 handfuls of baby spinach. Add some vanilla protein powder and voila, a nutritious breakfast.
267 Calories, 25.5g Protein, 43 Carbs, 10gr Fiber

Have a great Day:


No comments: