Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Day 1

I survived Day 1... yup I was thinking of going to the gym to do Cardio Kickboxing and then realized that that was not a good idea with my back, so I decided on swimming and then finally went for a walk with the dog. Walked 1.35 miles in 30min. Not the best but for now it's good enough.

I also managed to log all my food, but didn't drink enough water, well 32oz. But today is a new day, right? So water it is. 

I don't know why this journey this time is so hard. It was so easy the first time. But maybe it's cause I loved that darn gym. I also was at home, settled and in a good place.
The last 4 yrs have been tumultous to say the least. Yes the past year has been better, but there were a lot of changes. The loss of what I thought was a friendship, which I now realize was a sham and I feel terrible about what I put my family thru. (so maybe the guilt is holding me back?) Moving to a huge city. That wasn't easy. Especially since I had moved 17yrs earlier to Austin from Zurich. I loved Austin, it was small I had friends there, my life was there. 

But this is where I am now, I am blessed. The schools are wonderful here, we are starting to make new friends and there is lots of other fun things to do.

So here I am starting anew and not trying to mourn what is lost.

2 comments:

~Mem said...

I think you're amazing! I am struggling... I keep saying, "one last fresh-bread-with-butter/ice creamy coffee/piece of cake/butter chicken cream/chocolate bar... etc, etc... but it never ends! 2 weeks in France have seen me eating breads, buttery pastries, rich & delicious foods galore! I am going to just do it, too! No more yo-yoing! You're inspiring me so much!!!

cookingforjp said...

Girl you can do it... and this reward system is working for me. I am also about to print out that picture and put it on the fridge and my bedroom mirror.